I spend some time (okay, a lot of time) on Pinterest looking for inspiration. I’ve also designed my dream kitchen on there so if anyone wants to help, I’ll take some handy friends! At some point I remember seeing a casserole using tortellini instead of regular pasta and I just thought – what a simple but great idea!
So that’s what I have for you today – an easy, cheesy, tomato-y, broccoli, tortellini bake…y??
I made a homemade tomato sauce with cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, a garlic clove, and salt and pepper. There is nothing like fresh basil.
I layered the dish with the tomato sauce, tortellini, broccoli, turkey kielbasa sausage, and a little shredded mozzarella cheese. And repeat.
Tortellini Bake with Tomato Basil Sauce
A baked tortellini dish with a homemade tomato basil sauce, turkey kielbasa sausage, broccoli, and mozzarella cheese.
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful of fresh basil, including stems
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- 10 ounces cheese tortellini
- 2 head broccoli, stemmed and cleaned
- 13 ounces cooked turkey kielbasa sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add tortellini and follow package instructions on how long to cook. Add broccoli for the last 5 minutes. Gently strain in a colander.
- In a food processor, combine cherry tomatoes, basil, garlic, and salt and pepper. Pulse until finely chopped. Set aside.
- In an 8x8-inch pan, spread half of the tomato mixture on the bottom of the pan. Layer half the tortellini and broccoli, half the sausage, and half the cheese. Repeat layer using remaining ingredients. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
the cozy table http://www.thecozytable.com/