Strawberry S’more Cupcakes
Can I have s’more?! In light of 4th of July just around the corner, I’ve put a twist on a classic s’more. Think cupcakes. Graham cracker crust, layer of strawberry jam, roasted marshmallows, melted Hershey’s kisses, topped with a fresh strawberry.
I baked the graham cracker crust first, about 8 minutes. Then I added the strawberry jam and marshmallows and broiled for just a few minutes, until the marshmallows turned golden brown. You will enjoy these best when they are fresh out of the oven, but since the marshmallows only take a few minutes to turn golden brown, the graham cracker crust can be baked ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or freezer until you’re ready to finish the process and serve.
Promised to be ooey gooey and served best with a spoon. Enjoy!
Strawberry S'more Cupcakes
What happens when you add strawberries to s'mores and squeeze them into a cupcake? Ooey gooey goodness!
- 6 graham crackers
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 Tablespoons strawberry jam
- 16 large marshmallow
- 16 pieces broken off of Hershey’s milk chocolate bars
- a few slices of fresh strawberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line cupcake pan with liners (this recipe yields 8 cupcakes).
- Break graham crackers into a few pieces and place in a food processor (or Ziploc bag with a rolling pin). Pulse a few times until graham crackers turn into a coarse powder.
- Transfer graham cracker crumbs into a small bowl and combine with melted butter until evenly coated.
- Scoop about 2-3 spoonfuls of the graham cracker crust into each cupcake liner. Using your fingers or the back of a spoon, press down on the crust until packed.
- Bake in preheated oven for 6-8 minutes, or until edges become golden brown and you can smell the crust baking.
- Remove from oven and preheat the oven to broil.
- Add a spoonful of strawberry jam on top of each of the baked cupcake crusts. Top with 2 large marshmallows. Once oven is heated to broil (it's important that you wait until the oven is preheated!), bake for 1-2 minutes until marshmallows become golden brown.
- Remove from heat and immediately add 2 pieces of chocolate on top of the roasted marshmallows. Use a knife to swirl the melted chocolate around the marshmallows. Top with slices of fresh strawberries.
- These s'more cupcakes are served best when warm.
- You can make the crust ahead of time and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve - just top it with the jam and marshmallows and bake when you're ready to serve!
- Served easiest with a cupcake in one hand and a spoon in the other!
the cozy table http://www.thecozytable.com/