Here’s another option for your Sunday Super Bowl viewing party — a cilantro black bean dip. I will be making this again for the big day!
I re-fried a few cans of black beans and seasoned them with a few pinches of ground cumin. I topped the beans with a handful of crumbled queso fresco – a salty Mexican white cheese. And made a fresh salsa with cilantro, red onion, jalapenos, and lime juice and sprinkled over the black beans.
Cilantro Black Bean Dip
A zesty dip made with re-fried black beans, queso fresco, and a fresh cilantro salsa.
- 30 ounces canned black beans
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- a few spoonfuls of queso fresco
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 jalapenos, minced
- 4 limes, juiced
- Combine canned black beans (with juice) and cumin to a small saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, or until juice has been absorbed by beans. Pour in serving dish and evening cover the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle queso fresco on top of black beans.
- In a small bowl, combine cilantro, red onion, jalapenos, and lime juice. Sprinkle over black beans and cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Serve at room temperature.
the cozy table http://www.thecozytable.com/